Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Animals

Well, it’s been a bit since I last posted… so here goes all the stuff that’s going on!

We have 3 angora goat does and 4 new sheep…  2 cotswold, a romney ram and another, not sure the breed. I’ll try to get pics up here as soon as I can. I also got a spinning wheel… so ya’ll know what I’ll be doing this winter! I’m so excited!

The bees are wintering through well so far.

We need to get hay, but everyone is doing pretty good.

Eggs are still in low supply… in fact we are getting about 2 eggs a day, barely enough for us!

Milk is coming in at about 2 1/2 - 3 gals daily, still sharing with the baby.
I’ll be making cheese soon, need a few more supplies, then I’ll be in the cheese! I want to try a few different cheeses I haven’t done before.
Well, I guess that’s about it. Hope you enjoyed the short update!

No comments:

Post a Comment