Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Picture of the Day- Oops I missed a day, here's two!

Here is a very used antique iron heating up on my stove. Nah, I ain't ironin' today!


baked seven grain
I made baked seven grain with the left overs from Monday morning's breakfast. The recipe is easy:

a couple cups of left over cooked cereal
a couple eggs
a tsp of baking soda
a couple teaspoons of baking powder
honey to taste (we don't like it real sweet)
cinnamon to taste
some milk to make it all mix well (not to make it soupy)

Spread in a pan and cook in a moderate oven (350) until a knife comes out clean (about 30-45 mins).

To eat it you can put it in a bowl with milk and honey. We like it on a plate with butter and cinnamon. This morning I had some brown sugar crumbles left over from making muffins and put a pinch of those on top, yum!

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm. We have left over oatmeal in the fridge - I think we'll try this for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can add some nuts, seeds and raisins, too, for a bit of a crunch... also tastes real good too!

    ReplyDelete