Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Farm Journal 7/28/09

Another late morning and another busy day going to town. I arrived home last night after 10:30 and didn’t get to sleep ’til after 11… needless to say, getting up early didn’t happen! I went out to milk and the dogs were out waiting for me. Notsumi (Japanese for Summer), a Great Pyranese, Anatolian Shepherd cross, is about 5 months old and was a rescue dog my son, Ricky, picked up. She is very skiddish and needs lots of TLC. Ziva is almost a year old and is my daughter Shelly’s dog. She is a Pit Bull, Bull Mastiff mix with a wonderful disposition. We hope to teach her to be a companion dog for Shelly. Egypt is a Lab, Chow, ??? mix and was left here by someone that can’t keep her right now… She is around 2 and is very shy. Bones and Spunky are about 4 months old and some kind of Terrier mix. Bones is my brother Kevin’s dog and Bones’ sister Spunky belongs to my Dad. Two other doggies that don’t meet me are my Mom’s dog, Buster, and my Dad’s other dog Bandit who are both very old.
It is a rainy day today and cool. We got 11 eggs and another spaghetti squash. Shemayim gave 2/3 gallon this morning. Another busy day and rain… the tomatoes are rotting on the ground! I can’t get out there today… Praying that they will be ok ’til I can get them propped up… I will try to get some done tomorrow morning.
This week has been very difficult so far and it looks busy the whole week. Yesterday I had to take Grandpa to the doctor and run errands. Today I had to take Shelly to the Dr, get a prescription, run to the bank, library, meet with Dad and when I got home I had visitors. Made dinner and then crashed into the chair at 6:40 pm. Tomorrow I will be going to take my mom to a doctor’s appointment and help a friend with a health issue. The 5th day this week will have to be preparation day because the 6th day I will be with Shelly in B-ham all day having tests done. I look forward to Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment