Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Big Bee Adventure!

I woke up this morning expecting to work with the bees, remove the supers and harvest our honey. I looked forward to this with eager anticipation and sent DH out to get a 5 gal bucket we had in the summer kitchen, turned puppy play area (we have 12 puppies almost ready for their new homes!) As he was walking toward the back door with bucket in hand I saw a huge wasp nest swarming with wasps inside the bucket and yelled, “NO! NO! NO! Wasps!” At the same time he felt them crawling on his hand and he threw the bucket down and ran into the house. We watched safely behind the glass storm door as the wasps flew angrily around our screen enclosed back porch. I intended to work with the bees, but these were not the kind I wanted to work with!Finally, the wasps settled down and I could get to my bee keeping equipment and off I went to work with the ‘real’ bees. Our three hives are good and strong this year! We got 6 very full supers off and ended up with over 12 gallons of honey (to be strained and bottled next week.) What a wonderful Yahovah we serve! He has truly blessed us with a little piece of land flowing with milk and honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment