Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Grapes are Juiced!

Hey Y'all!
I finally finished juicing the 2 bushels of grapes I bought.. and all the 'mash' is in the freezer for making jam. Whew!

I made a home-made juicer using my water bath canner, a stainless steel bowl and colander. I'll try to get picks to put up soon. It was a bit tricky and I may make some changes for next week when I get the next bushel of grapes, but it worked pretty good! We averaged about 4 quarts of juice for each 1/2 bushel box. I didn't try to get more, I'll use the rest of the juice for jam next week.

I still have a bushel of tomatoes in the back fridge that I need to put-up and the honey to clean. They will have to wait until Thursday cause I'm tuckered out and tomorrow we have to run to town.

Today, I went to a gentleman's home that had some interesting items for sale. I got an old popcorn popper, ash bucket, butter mold, coffee grinder, potato and onion bin, and pitcher and bowl for under $50. Everything is usable and in excellent condition. I look forward to popping some corn!

Well, if I can find the cord for my camera, I could put pics up... but alas, it is missing... I'll keep looking so I can get some pics up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment