Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Foods on the cook stove...

So far this week we have made Sweet Potato Chowder, boiled chicken, made veggie stock, fried eggs, boiled eggs, oatmeal, spaghetti sauce and noodles.

The chowder, chicken, stock and spaghetti sauce worked great. I started them all early in the day and cooked them slowly. The flavors really had a chance to mingle and the tastes were wonderful. Frying eggs and cooking oatmeal turned out great. The boiled eggs and noodles were a bit different than cooking on an electric or gas. I had to get the water to a boil which was difficult. I didn't get the water for the eggs to boil very well, so I left them on for about an hour on the hottest part of the stove. I didn't get the water for the noodles to boil, but they did cook, it just took a little longer. Everything takes a bit longer. So, I sat in front of the stove and mended my daughter's dress. 

Tomorrow I will make Easy Lasagna (in the crockpot) so we can move cabinets. For Sabbath I will make Jumbalaya (we affectionately call it Jewbalaya). I'll post the recipe and pics Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment